Flexible and affordable RN to BSN online program
If you’re a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference, you pay attention to what actually works. That’s exactly what we do at American Sentinel, and it’s why last year 91% of registered nurses enrolled in our RN to BSN program graduated with their Bachelor of Science Nursing degrees. Most students are working professionals with full-time jobs, families and personal obligations – just like you. Their success is why we keep 100% of our coursework online with 24/7 access and classes starting monthly.
Total Tuition: $12,000
Next Start Date: 07/17/17
Course length: 8 weeks
Nursing Courses: 10
Get All A’s: Accredited. Affordable. Accessible.
You can earn a CCNE-accredited RN to BSN at American Sentinel for a total program cost of $12,000.* That’s almost half the cost of comparable online programs. The reason we can offer best-in-class educational content is simple: online education for healthcare professionals is all we do. With this singular focus we aim to improve patient outcomes and advance the healthcare industry through innovative learning environments.
Did you know?
Most of our students graduate debt free thanks to 0% financing and flexible payment options.
Total Tuition Cost
$12,000 for nursing courses at American Sentinel
Final tuition will depend on the number of transfer credits awarded and whether those transfer credits fulfill mandatory course requirements. Of the 120 credits required for your BSN, 60 are automatically awarded to eligible registered nurses. 5 An additional 30 credits can be earned by demonstrating course equivalency or Life Experience Credits. 6 The maximum number of transfer credits is 90.
Average Time for Program Completion
Finish the program in ten months, or take each course at your own pace. We give you options instead of limitations.
What Our RN to BSN Graduates Can Do
- Assume leadership roles on multidisciplinary teams within healthcare organizations
- Enhance professional nursing practice through the use of research and evidence-based practice
- Integrate methods of research and scholarship to make and prioritize diagnoses
- Design care for individuals, groups and communities
- Incorporate methods of health promotion and education in nursing care of individuals, families and groups with simple to complex health care needs
- Accept accountability and responsibility for professional judgment and actions
- Integrate professional values and role behaviors
- Examine the problems of contemporary health and illness
- Demonstrate the role of the global citizen
- Collaborate with other groups to shape health policies that affect both individual and community health
Paying for School
- Yes You CANN” Scholarship
- Military Scholarship
- Military Benefits
- Education Partner Program
- Employer Reimbursement
- More Ways to Reduce Tuition Costs
- Active, unencumbered RN License
- Diploma from a hospital school of nursing program or
- ASN or ADN from a nationally accredited college
- For nurses with foreign education, equivalent recognized by NACES evaluator
Transfer / Life Experience Credits
- College credits
- Professional work and life experience
- Military training
- Credit by exam or test out
- Professional certifications and licenses
The mission of the RN to BSN program is to enhance the knowledge and practice of nurse generalists who are key members of an interdisciplinary team (professional lives) that can have a positive impact on healthcare outcomes (civic lives).
We are with you through your entire BSN journey.
Joke Alausa, 2016 Graduate, shares her experience.
What our students say
I m seeing that the BSN is an entry-level requirement for nurses and I m glad I did this.
Rachelle Dizon, BSN graduate
with TriStar Centennial Medical Center
I know that there may come a time when I want to move away from the bedside, and the BSN gives me a broad understanding of many different areas.
Amy Wolfe, BSN graduate
with Geisinger Health System
I never felt alone, and the projects and discussions with other students in all different areas of nursing around the country really benefited me.
Gwenette Armand, BSN graduate
with University of Florida Health
My work and my patients are important to me, so I knew that online education was the best setup for me.
Karen Coleman, BSN graduate
with Delray Medical Center
Complete the form to receive more information about this program.
Our expert advisors can help you discover:
- The best curriculum to meet your personal and professional goals
- How many classes you need to take
- How much it will cost
- How long it will take
- How to take full advantage of your various payment options
By submitting this form, I give express written consent for American Sentinel University to contact me using email, telephone or text – including automated technology for text to the cell phone number I provide. I understand I am not required to provide consent as a condition to purchase goods or services. I understand that standard text and/or usage rates may apply, and I may opt-out from receiving further text messages at any time by calling 866.922.5690 or replying “STOP.”
American Sentinel values your privacy. Your information will only be accessible to American Sentinel University.
BSN Open House:
Wed. Jun. 14, 4-5 p.m. EDT
Thinking about earning your Bachelor of Science Nursing degree with American Sentinel University? Join American Sentinel’s Admissions department and a nursing faculty member as they answer your questions in a BSN-specific online open house.
New Mexico ICU Nurse Earns BSN, Starts MSN
Inspired by her experience with incredible nurses after giving birth to her daughter prematurely, Stacie decided to go into nursing – she hasn’t stopped moving forward since.
American Sentinel BSN Student Earns 2017 Richard W. Oliver Merit Award
Juanita Helwig and her sister were both inspired by their mother to become nurses, and when her employer Geisinger started the push to support nurses earning their BSN – Juanita decided to take action. Now earning her BSN, Juanita will also be awarded the Richard W. Oliver Merit Award.
Maryland Clinical Consultant Earns BSN and MBA Healthcare
Praxedes Fofung decided to head back to school to advance her career, but has seen other benefits as she has inspired her daughter, who will also be going to university in the fall!