All proceeds benefit
Welcome to the Hospice Gran Fondo Bike Ride
Stay tuned for our 2017 Hospice Gran Fondo date! Thank your for making our 2016 ride a success!
What is a Gran Fondo? A Gran Fondo is a type of ride that originated in Italy and translates to “Big Ride”. A Gran Fondo is known as a “party on wheels”, with food refreshments along the route, followed by a huge post-race party.
The Hospice Gran Fondo offers all that, plus so much more! Food and refreshments are available along the three routes, with several of the refreshment stops at various Niagara Wine Trail wineries. The wineries will also offer tastings and sell wine by the bottle at the post-race party. The post-race party at Krull Park in Olcott will feature live music, draft beer, wine tastings, fruit, water, and more!
The Hospice Gran Fondo is a family friendly event offering riders of all abilities the opportunity to ride along some of the most beautiful bike routes WNY has to offer. Riders can ride 62 miles (a metric century: 100 km), 30 miles, and 15 miles.
In addition to enjoying the great scenery and stops along the route, as well as fun pre- and post-race parties, all registrants will be given a Hospice Gran Fondo bike shirt.
Hundreds of riders are expected for this fun, new event. We hope you will join us and come out to support a great charity: Niagara Hospice.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the 2017 Hospice Gran Fondo! Let s get ready to FONDO!
Pre-Ride Packet Pick Up
1550 Niagara Falls Blvd.
Ride day pick up will still be available!
in the Hospice Gran Fondo Bike Ride, you will not only be supporting a good cause – Niagara Hospice – you will also enjoy a beautiful, scenic ride throughout Niagara Wine Country, as well as:
- Pre-ride coffee and music
- Pit Stops along the course with food and water/gatorade, many of which are at Niagara Wine Trail wineries
- Post- ride party with all of the following:
- Live Music by White Chocolate
- Free wine tastings from Niagara Wine Trail Wineries
- Snacks, fruit, food, water, Woodcock Brothers Brewery beer* and more
- A free Hospice Gran Fondo shirt
- Prizes Awards: Prizes to the teams with the most team spirit, Fundraising awards and incentives for money raised for Niagara Hospice
- Free parking
*Must be 21+ years of age to be served beer
Check out this great aerial shot of the start of the 2014 62 mile ride!
Our Partner Events