Provides community care to individuals of all ages and their families facing a life-limiting illness, extending through bereavement. Provides residential hospice palliative end of life care to clients with a life expectancy of three months or less.
* wellness programs (daily in Guelph, weekly drop-in support group at Groves Hospital, Fergus) * caregiver support group * community education and leadership * art therapy * residential hospice * The Wellington Wellness Centre in Guelph offers daily self care activities and a weekly wellness support group in Fergus to provide a holistic mind, body, spirit approach to promoting self care of the client under treatment
Grief and Bereavement Support:
* Walking With Purpose * One-to-one Support, offered by Hospice volunteers on an as-needed basis or in a more structured format with regular visits
* group support, Bereaved By Suicide
* Public Education: workshops about hospice care, bereavement support and related topics for any group, organization or event
Lending Library: books and videos on topics of terminal illness, bereavement, hospice care, quality of life and other related topics
Administration Mon-Fri 9 am-4:30 pm * residential services Mon-Sun 24 hours
Guelph ; Wellington County
Waterloo Wellington LHIN
Residential Care: offered as part of the local healthcare system support for the dying. Eligibility – CCAC, life expectancy of three months or less. Self referral for community services.
Residential hospice: referrals from health care providers and collaborative care partners ; application form available on website for completion by CCAC staff, Most Responsible Physician
Respite care: call for information – Hospice Wellington 519-836-3921
(50) Non Profit ; (51) Registered Charity
1980 incorporated 1994
Regional / Municipal – Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network ; Donations ; United Way ; Community Care Access Centre
AGM – annually in Jun
Open membership to all Wellington County residents by application 40 days before the AGM, notification of process will be published on the website
Brain Tumour Association – monthly third Mon of the month 7 pm
Seniors Support Network – monthly 8:30 am-11 am
Regular educational offerings – Mon nights and other dates as planned; check website for details
Volunteer Centre of Guelph/Wellington holds the intellectual property rights for the information on this site. You may display it on your computer and print or download this information for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only. Please contact us for permission to use the information for any purpose other than those outlined here.
Volunteer Centre of Guelph/Wellington
46 Cork Street East, Unit 1, Guelph, Ontario, N1H 2W8
Tel: 519-822-0912 Toll free: 1-866-693-3318 Fax: 519-822-1389
Made possible with support from.
2016 Volunteer Centre of Guelph/Wellington, All Rights Reserved