Why Choose Us? What makes Us Different?
Joliet Area Community Hospice is committed to enhancing the quality of life for persons affected by serious illness and grief. We aim to serve all who need our compassionate care and expertise through our hospice, palliative care and bereavement services.
Joliet Area Community Hospice is a not-profit community-based, Medicare-certified hospice serving Will,Grundy, Kendall, and portions of Cook, DuPage, Kankakee Counties. Service Area Map
With the support of the community,Joliet Area Community Hospice built the first Hospice Home in the State of Illinois, bringing cutting edge hospice care to our area. The staff at Joliet Area Community Hospice go above and beyond the call of duty to meet the needs of both patient and family as they face the end of life looking at not only the physical and psychological needs, but also the environmental, social, spiritual, and emotional needs.
- Quality Patient Care is our priority
- 140 full and part time employees
- 250 trained volunteers
- Serves over 1200 patients a year
- Operates the first freestanding Hospice Home in Illinois
- One of a handful of Chicago-land hospices offering a dedicated Pediatric Hospice and Palliative Care Team
- Compassionate, comprehensive bereavement services
- Specialized care for Veterans through our Pride, Honor Dignity (PHD) Veterans Program