Online High School Graduation Requirements
Three diploma options
Liberty University Online Academy offers three diploma options Advanced, Standard and Associate of Arts.
- The Advanced Degree is rigorous and enables students to be somewhat more selective when choosing post-secondary education. Students will graduate with a high school diploma from Liberty University Online Academy. Advanced Degree Completion Plan
- The Standard diploma enables prospective students to attend most universities, some vocational or technical schools, and community college. Students will graduate with a high school diploma from Liberty University Online Academy. Standard Diploma Degree Completion Plan
- The Associate of Arts diploma provides students an introduction to liberal arts education that prepares them for a bachelor s degree program at a four-year college or university. Students will graduate with an Associate of Arts degree from Liberty University along with a Liberty University Online Academy high school diploma. Associate of Arts Diploma Degree Completion Plan
No matter which degree completion plan your student decides upon, he or she has the option to take Dual Enrollment courses.
For class standing and placement students are encouraged to meet the following requirements:
Successfully complete 8th grade
Accumulate a minimum of 7 credits
Accumulate a minimum of 13 credits
Accumulate a minimum of 19 credits; plan to graduate in the immediate year
LUOA GRADUATE PROFILES
Check out our Graduate Profiles page to see a list of schools our students have been accepted to after graduating from LUOA.
Credit earned outside of Liberty University Online Academy
Students who would like to earn credit for a course taken outside of LUOA while enrolled full-time should follow the steps below. In order to be considered full time with LUOA, students must take at least 5 credits through the LUOA curriculum.
- Submit the Non-Institutional Credit (NIC) form to the counselor. Include textbooks/curriculum, scope sequence, planned method of evaluation, instruction time, etc.
- LUOA Department Chair will approve or deny course
- If approved, Chair will comment on expectations.
- Upon completion of course, include documentation (example of written activities, graded assessments, final grades, etc.) to updated form and submit to Academic Advisor.
- Department Chair will assess completion of paperwork and award/deny credit.
- If awarded, course will be added to student s transcript and graduation plan as a transfer credit taken outside of LUOA.
*Note: Final grade of course taken through an outside accredited institution will be included in student s GPA. Homeschool courses will be issued a final grade of P on a transcript and will not affect the GPA.
Admission to Colleges and Universities
Students planning to pursue higher education should research the entrance requirements of the particular school they wish to attend. The ACT or SAT examination is required for admission to many colleges and universities. These tests are usually offered during the spring of a student s junior or senior year.
Upon request, LUOA will send a copy of the student s academic records to a prospective college or university. To request a transcript, contact Liberty University Online Academy offices. Allow three to four weeks to process requests during summer months.
LUOA offers students the nationally recognized Stanford Achievement Test Series, Tenth Edition Online (Stanford 10 Online) in the spring of each school year. Testing students in language usage, mathematics and reading, the exam is monitored by the parent and requires no proctor or designated testing days. The Stanford 10 Online is an adaptive exam administered online, so testing is faster and more effective than traditional methods. Test results are usually available within one day. Testing is administered by Pearson Learning Assessment.