Barry University Physician Assistant Program
Our vision is that our graduates will be PA leaders in health care technology and clinical practice.
The Barry University Physician Assistant Program educates students in the practice of collaborative medicine and encourages life-long learning and professional development. It fosters a technology rich environment and clinical training experiences among diverse patient populations. The Program enables students to develop competencies required to meet the health care needs of contemporary society.
- Seats students at three location:
- Barry University campus in Miami
- St. Petersburg College. through a partnership with the University Partnership Center
- St. Croix campus in the United States Virgin Islands
- Conducts multi-campus communication (classes and meetings) via interactive videoconferencing (IAVC).
- Implements diversity and cultural competency into the curriculum of all students at all levels of their education in the Program.
- Engages in extensive involvement between program faculty, medical director, program director in design, execution and assessment ensuring outcomes assessment are applied to curriculum
- Requires that students utilize medical literature as early as their first semester in order to interpret and apply knowledge for individualized patient care.
- Applications to any campus are processed through the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). For more information visit the Admissions Requirements .
PA Program Accreditation
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Barry University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Barry University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.
Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will March 2026. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy.