11405 – Primary RN – 1.0
The primary Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the overall care of the patients and families. The primary RN directs the activities of other nursing personnel and works in conjunction with interdisciplinary team members.
The schedule for this position is 8:30a – 5:00p, Monday through Friday and every 4th weekend.
1. Current unrestricted Registered Nurse licensure from the State of Wisconsin
2. Minimum of 2 years RN experience required, equivalent nursing experience may be considered
3. Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License, reliable transportation and proof of current automobile insurance coverage
Key Job Duties
1. Provide clinical and supporting case management based on patient’s diagnosis and end-of-life symptoms.
2. Complete initial, comprehensive, and updated assessments of patient and family needs.
3. Develop, implement and review care plans for patient and family. Update care plan as the needs of the patient and family change
4. Prepare for and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings as scheduled
5. Communicate with all interdisciplinary team members
6. Report appropriate findings and communicate significant changes to attending physician and processes physician/NP orders
7. Teach family members patient care skills and encourage their participation including, but not limited to, pain control, medication management, dressings, hygiene and nutrition
8. Administer and titrate medication according to physician/nurse practitioner orders
9. Delegate nursing duties to LPN and supervise care provided by CNA
10. Prioritize daily work and make adjustments taking into account the needs of patients, Unity and other staff
11. Complete new patient admissions as needed
12. Maintain level of competency in required areas (primary and admissions roles)
13. Comply with all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Unity
14. Satisfy mandatory training requirements regarding local, state and federal regulations and/or Unity’s policies and procedures
15. Consistently and concisely document activity according to department protocols and standards
16. Promote and maintain confidentiality
17. Maintain personal and professional boundaries
18. Perform other job-related duties as assigned
19. Maintain regular and reliable attendance
20. Shares in providing 24-hour, seven day-a-week coverage
Log in or Register
In order to apply you must log in or create an account. Registration only takes a couple of minutes and helps protect the security of our site.
Unity has been a part of Northeast Wisconsin for more than 30 years. With hospice, palliative and bereavement care services extending into 12 counties, our dedicated patient care staff, administrators and advisory teams continue to guide our focus in providing the community with access to education, support and quality holistic care.
Unity is committed to promoting dignity, comfort and self-determination to anyone coping with a life-limiting illness or the issues of grief and loss. Unity is dedicated to ensuring that all individuals and the communities in which they reside have access to education, support and quality holistic care.
Touching lives with compassion and excellence.
Compassion, Integrity, Excellence