Quality Assurance (Part-time)
Credential: Ontario College Certificate Program Code: 0452 School: Engineering Information Technology
About the Program
This part-time program would be of interest to people employed in quality engineering functions – quality control and quality assurance, receiving and in-process inspection, and to co-ordinate measuring machine operators, manufacturing technicians and technologists. Topics in quality control and assurance are covered in depth and in a practical and realistic manner. On completion of the program, the graduate will be able to apply the proper techniques and procedures to solve practical manufacturing problems with respect
to quality. Graduates will receive a College Certificate which is recognized by industry.
This certificate will help in preparing to write the American Society of Quality s certification examinations such as Certified Quality Technician (CQT), or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), once qualified work experience is obtained.
Note: ASQ Certification, examination fees and examination schedules are determined by the ASQ and are not included in the course fees.
All courses must be completed within 4 years of acceptance into the program.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, OR 19 years of age or older.
Note re: Admission Requirements
- Students must be able to receive instruction, respond and research in the English language.
- Applicants are advised that the ability to read mechanical drawing is necessary for this program.
- Submit a completed Conestoga College Program Application Form.
- Attach proof of Admission Requirements.
- Final selection is made following an assessment of the admission requirements.
- Credit may be given for qualifying courses that were successfully completed up to three (3) years prior to admission into the program.
- Fundamentals Of Quality Assurance is mandatory and it is recommended that students complete this course first.
- Students must pass 3 courses in Group A, 3 courses in Group B, and 2 courses in Group C.
How to Apply
Students may obtain a Conestoga College Program Application Form from any Conestoga College campus, OR by writing directly to the Registrar s Office, OR by using the college website at www.conestogac.on.ca/admissions/forms
Send completed applications to:
299 Doon Valley Dr
Canada N2G 4M4
How to Register for Courses
Go to How to Register for detailed registration information.
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
Conestoga recognizes prior learning of skills, knowledge or competencies that have been acquired through employment, formal and informal education, non-formal learning or other life experiences. Prior learning must be measurable at the required academic level and meet Conestoga standards of achievement for current courses. Challenge exams and portfolio development are the primary methods of assessment. Other methods of assessment may be available depending upon the nature of the course objectives. Successful completion of the assessment results in an official course credit that will be recorded on the student s Conestoga transcript. PLAR cannot be used by registered Conestoga students for the clearance of academic deficiencies, to improve grades or to obtain admission into a program.
Learn more about PLAR.
For more details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, see the Government of Canada website: http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca
Program Related Resources
- Apply the related principles of applied sciences to problem solving in the quality control and assurance fields.
- Communicate technical information effectively to management, engineering-manufacturing and sales-marketing groups, through the use of language, graphics and computer skills.
- Identify the major causes of defects and the critical problems of manufacturing processes by applying the concepts of quality assurance and control, and develop techniques and skills to provide solutions.
- Apply knowledge, skills and practical procedures of quality control and assurance to manufacturing processes and materials.
- Participate with the manufacturing-engineering team to develop quality manufacturing processes and products.
- Apply the quality assurance and control related codes and standards with the appropriate safety regulations and practices.
Click on the course code or title below for a full description of the course. If available for registration, clicking on “Details” in the status column will open a new browser tab or window in the Student Portal.
Refer to the planned delivery schedule given below if the course is currently unavailable for registration.
Note: OL = Online delivery, X = Offered In Class
All efforts will be made to adhere to this schedule, however the College reserves the right to make adjustments when necessary
The College reserves the right to alter information including requirements and fees and to cancel at any time a program, course, or program major or option; to change the location and/or term in which a program or course is offered; to change the program curriculum as necessary to meet current competencies in the job market or for budgetary reasons; or to withdraw an offer of admission both prior to and after its acceptance by an applicant or student because of insufficient applications or registrations, over-acceptance of offers of admission, budgetary constraints, or for other such reasons. In the event the College exercises such a right, the College s sole liability will be the return of monies paid by the applicant or student to the College.
Students actively registered in cohort delivered programs who take longer than the designed program length of time to complete their studies are accountable for completing any new or additional courses that may result due to changes in the program of study. Unless otherwise stated, students registered in non-cohort delivered programs must complete the program of study within seven years of being admitted to the program.
SEARCH PART-TIME (PT)
519-748-5220 ext. 8126
“Part-time Studies is a great way to broaden your skills, build your resume and network with.
Refining her skill set through flexible, online learning.
“The course was very well organized and offered the flexibility I needed to maintain success at.
299 Doon Valley Drive
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4M4. Canada
Documents are available in an alternate format