Certificate In Ministry (CIM)
The Certificate in Ministry is a primarily online program for church leaders and others seeking substantive theological education but who are not planning to pursue study in a degree program. Seven courses are required to complete the certificate program.
Anyone who seeks theological preparation for church leadership or wishes to enrich his/her personal theological understanding will be well-served by the CIM program. In particular, the CIM may meet requirements for Commissioned Ruling Elders in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), and for leadership in other Christian traditions.
- Church History (online)
- Reading the Bible Theologically (online)
- Worship and Preaching (online with some on campus instruction)
- Christian Education (online with some on campus instruction)
- Pastoral Care and Leadership (online)
- Ministry Foundations in Bible and Theology (online)
- PC(USA) Polity (online)
- Comparative Religion (online)
- Introducing Christian Ethics (online)
- Effective Church Leadership
- Additional courses are in development
Spring 2017: March 27 June 2
Application Deadline is February 10
CIM.03R Worship and Preaching, taught by Professor Carolyn Helsel
CIM.06R Ministry Foundations in Bible and Theology, taught by Professor John Alsup
Fall 2017. Sept 5 Nov 10
Application Deadline is July 14
CIM.04R Christian Education, taught by Professor David White
CIM.09E Introducing Christian Ethics, taught by Professor Asante Todd
If you are interested in this program, please click on the “Application” link below. You may register for courses as soon as you have been admitted to the program; please allow up to two weeks to process your application.