While Woodland Hills Private School is open to all students and not exclusively for gifted, talented and high achieving students, many families choose WHPS for the advanced and enriched academic program. Over the past few years, with the adoption of cutting-edge curriculum and enhanced teacher training, we have found new ways to help our high-achieving students reach new heights.
To that end, we were pleased this week to receive our students’ ERB results from the spring. This assessment compares our students to peers in private and independent schools across the country, and unlike the test children take in California public schools, the ERB uses a constructed response section to look at students’ thinking, not just multiple choice questions. Thus, it assesses critical thinking at a much deeper level.
Here are the results from this year’s graduating class:
LOGICAL THINKING: QUANTITATIVE REASONING, MATHEMATICS
- 60% of our students scored in the 8thstanine, which means they were in the top 11% of students who tested nationally .
- 87% of our students scored in the 7th stanine, which means they were in the top 23% of students who tested nationally .
LITERACY: READING, WRITING, VERBAL REASONING
- 53% of our students scored in the 8th stanine, which means they were in the top 11% of students who tested nationally .
- 73% of our students scored in the 7th stanine. which means they were in the top 23% of students who tested nationally.
Parents in grades 3-5 will be receiving their child’s individual ERB score report via email this week. Please watch for this email and don’t hesitate to contact the school office if you have any questions.
LIMITED NUMBER OF SPACES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
in the Elementary Division for fall 2017!
- Too busy to visit the campus today? Schedule a Skype or FaceTime call with us to learn more.
2017-2018 Fall Registration
For Preschool and Elementary
Why is Preschool important?
Many parents ask the question: “Why preschool is important?”
Here are just a few insights into the benefits of attending a preschool program. read more .
Get the latest new, pictures and more!
Woodland Hills Private School, Established in 1975
Dedicated to offering a caring, individualized, creative, challenging, nurturing, natural environment through an award winning program.
Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Demonstrating compliance with the recognized criteria for high quality educational programs since 1996.
Recipient of the R.O.S.E. Award
Recognizing Outstanding Schools in Education