Water and Sewer – FAQs – City of North Miami Beach, Florida #city #north #miami #beach #fl, #north #miami #beach, #nmb, #city #nmb, #n #miami #beach, #florida, #n #miami #beach #fl



I’m new to the area. How do I get water service?

You can establish an account by placing a deposit with us at North Miami Beach City Hall, Customer Service, 17011 N.E. 19th Avenue, Lobby. Hours of service: Mon-Fri, 8:15am – 4:15pm.

If you call in advance, they can give you the exact amount of the deposit required. Their number is 305-948-2960. They ask that you provide proof of ownership or a copy of a valid lease. They are pleased to initiate service for you the same day if we receive the deposit by 3:00 p.m.

How do I discontinue my water service?

To terminate your water service, call Customer Service at 305-948-2960 to request the date you wish your service to be discontinued. Next day service is available Monday through Wednesday. Terminating your water service includes our getting a final meter reading, credit of your initial deposit to your final bill, and mailing a final bill to your forwarding address. If any refund is due, a check will be included with your final bill.

Why was my water turned off?

Source: Code of Ordinances. 19-12.2 Delinquent Accounts; Shutting Off Water.

a. All bills rendered or charges made by the City which are in arrears as provided in these rules shall be delinquent accounts.

b. All delinquent accounts, including meter water supply service, may result in the service of the City being discontinued and the water supply shut off from and to the premises of the owner or consumer of such account if in arrears immediately upon such account becoming delinquent or as soon thereafter as practicable and such service will not be resumed or the water turned on to such premises until the amount of the delinquent account and the sum of twenty-five ($25.00) dollars for shutting off and twenty-five ($25.00) dollars for restoring service has been paid.

c. When an owner or consumer vacates or sells his property leaving a delinquent bill against such property vacated or sold, the City may, at its option, refuse service on any other service the same owner or consumer may be using or intends to use in the future until the date the original account is paid, regardless of whether the other account or consumer is in good standing or not.

d. Charge for broken locks shall be $25.00.

e. After the water has initially been turned off by the City, if water is turned back on by the customer without sufficient payment and/or the City’s authorization, progressive turn off methods and devices up to and including a turn off at the main may be implemented. These attempts to turn off water will result in additional fees as follows.

3. 4th or more – $250.00 for each occurrence

My water was turned off because of a late payment. How do I get it turned on again?

If your water service is terminated due to delinquent payment, the delinquent amount and any turn-off, and turn-on fees will have to be paid before water service is established again. Please call Customer Service at 305-948-2960 to request a turn-on. and to notify that your payment has been made.

In order to provide same day turn-ons, your payment must be received by 3pm.

What are the hours of Customer Service?

Monday – Friday, 8:15am – 4:15pm.

Who can I call with a question about my utility bill?

Call Customer Service at 305-948-2960, Monday Friday, 8am 5pm.

What is an estimated water bill?

From time to time, your water bill is estimated. Usually, the reason is because the meter reader could not access your meter. Perhaps the fence was locked, a dog prevented access, or the meter was obstructed. If your bill is estimated, please call Customer Service at 305-948-2960 to make arrangements for your meter reading.

Who do I call if I have a water leak?

The City is not responsible for leaks that occur on private property. You will probably need to contact a plumber. If you are unsure if you have a leak, or need to report a leak outside your property, or inside the meter box, call Customer Service at 305-948-2960.

What do I do if I have a sewer backup?

During regular business hours, you can call the Wastewater Division Office (305) 624-1177. After-hours, you can call (305) 652-6460. Our staff will take your information and someone will be dispatched to your home or business to investigate the situation. If the problem is determined to be inside your plumbing system, you have the option to hire your own plumber to clear the line or utilize our crew for a nominal fee ($100 during business hours and $150 for after-hours, nights, weekends and holidays).

Who do I call about a water main break, or fire hydrant leak?

During business hours
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm

After hours and on weekends
Emergencies may be reported at

Where can I get a copy of the latest Water Quality Report?

View our 2015 Water Quality Report. which was produced and printed in 2016. Data in the report was collected from water samples taken between January 1, 2015, and December 31, 2015.

Water Quality Reports