Affinity Biologicals is one of the top companies supplying control plasmas, deficient plasmas, calibrator plasmas for research and diagnostics. One of their more popular products is Factor Inhibitor Plasmas, meant to be used as a positive control within Inhibitor Assays. If you are searching for Factor VIII inhibitor plasmas for your research or to perform inhibitor testing, this manufacturer provides it. The neutralizing antibody activity is determined by Nijmegen-modified Bethesda Inhibitor Assay and values are reported in BU/ml. Our Inhibitor Plasmas are produced to one or more inhibitor categories: Mild (1-10BU/ml), Moderate ( 11-50BU/ml) or Strong ( 50-200BU/ml); not all potencies are available for all coagulation factors. Continue reading
Affinity Biologicals, A Manufacturer of Thrombosis and Hemostasis Research Products, Announces Involvement in the ISTH SSC 2016 Meeting
May, 2016 – Ancaster, ON—The 62nd Annual Meeting of the Scientific and Standardization Committee (SSC) of the International Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis (ISTH) begins on May 25 th in Montpelier, France, and will continue through to the 28 th. Affinity Biologicals will participate in the event through a discussion of products with clients and networking with other researchers in the field. Continue reading
Thank you for contacting Affinity Biologicals
One of our staff members will be in touch with you about your inquiry.
In the meantime, please don t forget to browse our Product Use Library to find out How and Who is using Affinity Biologicals products.
Antithrombin III is one of the most ubiquitous anticoagulants found in mammals and measuring it in its form post-reaction with thrombin, known as a thrombin-antithrombin complex, or TAT complex. is a critical part of several medical diagnoses. Antithrombin III and its related drug products are important to the medical and pharmaceutical industries, so it s important to not just have a reliable source for it, but also understand antithrombin III and how it works. Continue reading
Custom Polyclonal Antibody Production
We offer eight competitively priced protocol packages (immunization schedules for rabbits, goats, etc.) for producing custom polyclonal antibodies to peptide and protein antigens with our Thermo Scientific Pierce custom antibody service.
Our capabilities enable us to provide complete support for all types and steps of polyclonal antibody production: from peptide design, synthesis and carrier protein conjugation to animal immunization, serum collection, titer analysis, and final antibody purification. We specialize in antigen design and generation of custom peptide antibodies and monospecific peptide antibodies to highly discrete epitopes. We also immunize with recombinant proteins or protein fragments provided by you (or expressed and purified by us using cDNAs from our extensive in-house library) to generate antibodies in rabbits, chickens, goats, guinea pigs, mice or rats.
Our detailed knowledge of antigen determining factors (e.g. size, localized secondary structure and antigenicity) allow us to produce custom antibodies with unmatched specificity, affinity and assay utility. This expert service increases the probability that you will obtain a polyclonal antibody or monoclonal antibody capable of distinguishing among even highly related proteins within complex mixtures to characterize protein expression patterns using IHC, ICC, IF, FACS, ELISA, Western blotting or immunoprecipitation (IP, Co-IP, ChIP).
- Polyclonal antibodies —eight standard protocol options for immunizing animals, collecting serum, testing bleeds, reporting titer results and delivering antiserum
- Six host species options —select one of three rabbit immunization protocols or choose from guniea pig, chicken, goat, rat, or mouse protocols
- Customizable and adaptable —add additional animals to any standard protocol; decide later to continue animals for additional boosts and bleeds
- Online project tracking and management —all antibody production services use our exclusive Thermo Scientific OpenProject Tool. a web portal that gives you real-time information about the status and progress of your antibody production projects, as well as complete management control over next steps
- Full service integration —combine any one of immunization protocols described on this page with our complete set of services for antigen preparation (peptide design. synthesis and conjugation ; or protein expression ) and antibody purification
- Modification-specific antibodies —obtain monospecific antibodies. such as phosphospecific antibodies or other PTM-specific antibodies, with proper advanced planning and our robust selection methods
Details and additional information
Overview of standard animal immunization schedules and protocols for polyclonal antibody production: Each protocol applies to a single antigen injected into both animals (5 for mice), resulting in the indicated total output of serum (or eggs) for the multiple animals. Any schedule can be extended or otherwise adapted during the project by communication through the OpenProject Tool. Click protocol names for additional information about each protocol.