10 Accelerated Masters Degree Programs
The list of schools and degrees assembled here was selected based on the quality of the educational program, balanced against the institutional attempts to design an accelerated program. These programs are from accredited universities, some of them long established traditional schools, which may have been streamlined to meet both academic needs and professional requirements.
Matching School Ads
1. Masters in Teaching (MAT) at the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education is a degree that may have been developed as an accelerated program to help meet the national teacher shortage. The MAT may be completed by working teachers in one year on a full time basis. There may be several areas of specialization including Social Studies, Mathematics, Sciences, and English. Aspiring teachers new to education may also complete the program in one year and obtain a provisional teaching license.
2. Master of Criminal Justice at the University of Cincinnati has an online accelerated program that comes from one of the criminal justice schools in the nation. The traditional Master of Criminal Justice program may be two years, but the accelerated program may be completed in one year – provided the student can devote enough time to what will be a very rigorous academic load.
3. Master of Public Administration from Golden Gate University may be offered as a one year program for professionals who already have developed competence within a specific functional area. It’s an executive graduate level program, for which applicants may be expected to have substantial work experience at the supervisorial or management level. There is a specialization option in the field of Justice Administration.
4. MBA from St Leo University may be completed in as few as twelve months. This accelerated online business program may offer areas of concentration in Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Human Resources Management, Information Security Management, and Sports Management. Students may take up to two classes per eight week term; no GMAT is required for applicants that meet certain academic prerequisites.
5. Master of Education – Curriculum Instruction at the University of Florida is a twelve course, 36 credit hour program that may be completed in one full year of full time study. This degree does require a practicum, to be arranged by the student and a faculty advisor. It may be available with specialization in Educational Technology, and in Teacher Leadership. The accelerated MEd program may be fully accredited for Florida licensure; check with your state Department of Education on reciprocity agreements.
6. Masters in Homeland Security Administration at Tiffin University may be offered as part of the graduate program in Criminal Justice. The online program may be completed in three semesters of full time study, or one full year of academic commitment. Advanced classes include studies in Border Protection, Management of Catastrophic Events, and Emergency Preparedness.
7. Master of Software Engineering from Regis University may be completed in one year of full time study. The accelerated information technology programs at Regis are thirty six credit hour courses of study that include twelve classes which can be divided into four semesters over the course of one full year. This program would be a challenge as an adjunct to a full time job, but it may be completed quickly.
8. Master of Clinical Counseling offered by Post University as an online program may be completed in eighteen months, with an educational format that may consist of eight week course modules offered six times per year. Post may consider this an accelerated program because of the rigorous academic standards – a thesis may be required – and because of the practicum training associated with all accredited counseling