Swimming Pool Repair: Fixing A Cracked Concrete Pool Deck
Your swimming pool is a lifetime investment. Over time it will require you to complete some basic maintenance tasks to extend the life of your investment. Some pool maintenance know-how is required for any savvy swimming pool owner.
One common task in swimming pool maintenance is the repair of the concrete pool deck. Cracks in the concrete of your swimming pool deck may result from soil conditions or heat and sometimes freezing thaw cycles. Learning how to repair these cracks yourself could save you money during the life of your swimming pool.
1. First you must prepare the crack in your swimming pool s concrete deck for repair. Large cracks will not need preparation. However, small cracks must be opened larger in order to allow the filler material to penetrate and bind to the damaged area. To enlarge the crack in your swimming pool you can use a crack chaser blade. Crack chaser blades may be purchased at your local hardware store.
2. The second step in repairing the concrete in swimming pools is to make sure that the area you are repairing is clean, dry, and full of debris. Keep in mind that the bonding repair agent needs to be able to adhere to the existing concrete structure. Moisture and debris will hinder this process, making pool maintenance more difficult. Faulty pool repair may also be counterproductive and just make the existing problem worse. Keep your work area clean and dry with a vacuum.
3. The third step is to fill in the crack with a concrete repair agent. These include high strength epoxy and polyurethane fillers which can be found at the hardware store or in a pool repair shop. Use a metal trowel to smooth out the filler after you have filled the hole tightly with your concrete repair agent. Work quickly while filling in cracks in your swimming pool because most of these compounds are designed to set quickly. Also, some of these filling agents can be purchased with applicators that extend into the crack to allow for easy application. Do your research beforehand to ensure that your pool repair is effective.
4. Next, silica sand should be sprinkled on the wet filler agent to increase the hold of the filler. After you have applied silica sand to the filled crack, smooth out the filled crack with your trowel.
5. Paint or cover your pool repair with the same material as the rest of the pool to blend the repair and make it less obvious.
6. Repeat steps one through five for each crack in your pool.
Pool maintenance is a necessary activity to extend the life of your swimming pool. If the cracks in your concrete deck are too large for easy repair, it may be advisable to call a swimming pool repair company in order to make sure that the job is completed in a way that is sustainable for the rest of the life of the swimming pool. Use your judgment here, but remember that it is better to be safe than sorry concerning swimming pools.
Our Service Agreement Includes: Vacuum Pool,Brush Tile, Walls, Floor, and Steps as needed. Check Equipment, Leaf net the top of the pool, Clean the skimmer basket and pump basket, Chemicals checked and balanced, Clean and backwash filter once per month.
Remodel Your Pool – Special Offer
We specialize in complete swimming pool remodeling, pool resurfacing and pool replastering, including pool tile, decking, water features and more.
Patron Reviews for Pool Captain Corp – Palm Coast Pools at palmcoast.biz
RATED (5 stars) by JSPOTACUS on May-01-2011
Top of the Line – Highly Recommended February 2011: I could have given 4 stars to Pool Captains avoiding the tendency to vote to extremes, however, extremes are needed when speaking of this business and their service to us. They had a difficult job to do, working with 2 other contractors, and performed in an exemplary fashion. I would recommend their services to anyone seeking to put in a pool, decking, and landscaping. They “took care of us” and we are extremely grateful. Our little oasis brings us pleasure each and every day. Judy Shery
RATED (5 stars) by CHARLESYTK on Mar-22-2011
Top of the Line – Highly Recommended We interviewed several pool contractors and looked at each builders work. Pool Captain’s, Adam and Rachel, displayed the best product and the best price. There were no hidden or unexpected costs. Everything was detailed from the beginning and followed the plan for construction. We are extremely happy with the pool, deck and enclosure as well as some remodeling work that was done to tie the project together. All the craftsmen were very skilled in their field.
Thin pavers are the most cost effective, permanent solution to remodel your pool deck on the market today. The reason pavers are considered a permanent solution is due to the inherent durability of the product and the fact that they are not actually adhered to the existing surface, but instead float above the deck. Even tile, which will be adhered to the surface, will end up cracking over time as that surface fails beneath. Any product, for that matter, which is adhered to the existing surface, be it cool deck, tile, paint, acrylic sprays, river rock, flagstone, or stamped concrete will end up cracking over time.
Cooking on the grill is a great way to entertain company or just feed the family without heating up the kitchen. But scurrying back and forth from the kitchen to the patio can get old. Make grilling easier and more pleasant by putting together an outdoor kitchen. Even the simplest of setups can make outdoor cooking more efficient, and the fanciest ones mean you will not have to go back inside until bedtime.
Can I Have Your Permission To Build You A Back Yard Oasis Swimming Pool.
See What It Looks Like Before Your Build With Our Superior Technology: Using advanced 3D technology, we are able to transform an ordinary, flat design into an interactive, photorealistic 3D environment for you to explore! Walk around, fly up in the air, view the backyard from any point – any angle! We will present designs to you in a way that leaves little to the imagination. We include cascades and spas, landscaping and more so that you can truly appreciate your design. With this technology at our fingertips, we can take you into your future backyard giving you the confidence that your investment is worthwhile.
Click To Call Here: (386) 246-7439