Welcome to the Site – Toronto Area Hospice Regatta #hotel #booking #websites

#dorothy ley hospice

#

Hospice Overview

The Dorothy Ley Hospice

Fostering hope and dignity through exemplary care, advocacy, education and research for individuals living with the challenges of a life-limiting illness or loss.

The Dorothy Ley Hospice is a volunteer-based community service organization offering compassionate care to people living with the challenges of a life-limiting illness or loss. Our goal is to provide comfort and help them manage so they can live every day to the fullest with dignity, meaning and hope. All of our services are offered at no cost to the individual thanks to the generosity of our donors, government funding and the support of our community partners.

Our programs and services meet a variety of support needs for individuals, families and care providers. Any individual facing the challenges of a life-limiting illness, regardless of age or medical condition, can access hospice support. We also provide support services for their family members.

The Dorothy Ley Hospice has two key programs — a community program and a residential program. Services offered through out community program are available from the time of diagnosis of a life limiting illness. The residential program is available to people who have three months or less to live.

Most of us – including our friends and family members – will ultimately face a life-limiting illness and loss. In fact, as the population ages and the structure of our health care system evolves, there are few options for the terminally ill who need physical, emotional and spiritual support. The Dorothy Ley Hospice fills that critical void.

Thanks to the generosity of donors, the Hospice is able to provide services at no cost to the individuals we serve. This is why every dollar we receive from individuals, foundations, corporations, organizations, churches and special events is appreciated and valued.

Our total budget to serve more than 3,000 individuals a year is almost $3 million. The provincial government funding covers 60 per cent of our costs and we need to fundraise the remaining 40 per cent or $1.1 million a year from the community.

Thank you for making a difference during one of the most challenging times in a person s life.

For specific information about our services, please feel free to contact us directly or visit our website at www.dlhospice.org. We will be happy to provide an assessment of your needs and, if we are unable to help you, we can put you in touch with the most appropriate service provider.

Located at220 Sherway Drive, Etobicoke, Ontario, M9C 0A7, (416) 626-0116

Charitable Number: 13019 3394 RR0001





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *